From now until January 16, children and adults who never grew up can enjoy a free visit to the largest Lego Exhibition in Valencia, held in the magical surroundings of Alaquas Castle.
A unique and very interesting exhibition was made available to visitors a few days ago. The biggest Lego exhibition in Valencia, “Castell Brick d’Alaquàs 2022,” opened in the settings of one of the province’s most important tourist attractions, Alaquas Castle.
The exhibition is organised by the Valencian Association of Building Bricks Fans (ValBrick) and the City Council of Alaquàs, and it features hundreds of thousands of construction pieces displayed in the Sala la Nova of the historical monument, which also includes a nativity scene that has been significantly expanded this year.
The exhibition is FREE and the result of the efforts of more than 30 ValBrick members. It is spread across six rooms and features over 20 “building projects” and themes. Aside from Castell de Alaquàs, many other cities and monuments from around the world are presented. There is a set dedicated to the world of books and fantasy, a set dedicated to the pirate world, a botanical section, a Star Wars section, and a technical Lego segment. As expected, there is also a Harry Potter set, one of the still most popular items in the Lego collection.
The exhibition began on Friday, December 3, and will be on display until January 16. It is free, but there are some restrictions. A free visit without an appointment is available from December 3 to 16, and from January 10 to 16. Because of the high demand, tickets will have to be acquired online at https://www.alaquas.org/citas_espacios/reserva.asp, for visits from December 17, 2021 to January 9, 2022, as the number of visitors will be limited. Tickets can only be reserved by people over the age of 18, and no more than six tickets can be reserved by a single person.
The Lego exhibition in Valencia is open Monday through Saturday from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Working hours of the Lego exhibition in Valencia:
- Monday to Saturday from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Special Christmas hours: Sunday December 12, and January 9 and 16, from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.; Sunday 19, December 26 and January 2, from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Exhibition is closed: December 11 and 18 (during workshop hours), 24, 25, 31 December / and 1, 5 (in the afternoon) and 6 January.
In addition to the exhibition, there will be workshops held on two days, on December 11 and 18. Price: 3 euros.
- RAPID CONSTRUCTION WORKSHOP (duration 30 min.). * Limit of 30 places per workshop. Gift for all participating people.
- Saturday, December 11 at 11:00, 11:45, 12:30, 17:00, 17:45 and 18:30.
- Saturday, December 18 at 11:00 a.m., 11:45 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 5:00 p.m., 5:45 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.
To participate in the workshop it is necessary to PRE-REGISTRATION. At the end, a visit to the exhibition can be made. Requirements for registration:
- The age of participation is between 5 and 16 years old.
- Each adult person may register a maximum of six minors.
To obtain tickets both to visit the exhibition and to participate in the workshops, it is necessary to register in advance, and it can be done online through the ticket reservation application created by the Alaquàs City Council at https: //www.alaquas .org / appointments_espacios / reserva.asp , or by phone: 661956581 with the Department of Culture from Monday to Friday from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and Thursday from 4:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.