Valencia Weather In May – The Best Time To Visit

Valencia weather In May is very nice, and this is a highly recommendable time for tourist visits with the summer heat still a month away.

Are you planning a trip to Valencia? Check out what the Valencia weather in May will be like…

What is the weather like in Valencia in May?

Valencia is one of the greatest places to visit in May. It is not too hot during the day (average temperatures are around 24 to 25 degrees Celsius) and fairly nice at night (average temperatures are around 18 degrees Celsius until early dawn). There are just four rainy days on average, and the average humidity of around 59 percent is fairly pleasant.

Valencia weather in May – General info

Valencia weather in May is characterised by average minimum temperature of 14.6°C (58.3°F), which is mainly recorded during the night. In May, there is an usual amount of rain, with an average of 40mm (1.6in). On average, it rains for four days. During the day, temperatures will be extremely nice. The average maximum temperature during the day is roughly 23.4°C (74.1°F). With 258 hours of sunshine, this is a perfect time to visit Valencia if you prefer staring at blue skies and love the sun. May is known for being one of the greatest months to visit Valencia.

So, what should you wear in May? It will be raining for a few days throughout this time, so bring a rain jacket just in case. Bring shorts or a skirt as well because it can get rather warm, if not hot. There’s no need to carry your swimsuit because the water temperature is around 18.8°C (65.8°F).

Valencia Weather in May in numbers

The average high temperature in Valencia is nearly the same as it was in April, at 23.4°C (74.1°F). Valencia’s average low temperature is 14.6°C (58.3°F).

The temperature dips to roughly 8.5 °C (47.5 °F) on the coldest nights of the month, which usually occur at the beginning of the month. In May 2001, however, the temperature dropped to 4 °C (39.2 °F).

The temperature reaches roughly 32.5 °C (90 °F) on the warmest days of the month, which usually occur near the conclusion of the month. It did, however, hit 43 degrees Celsius (109.4 degrees Fahrenheit) in May 2015.

Valencia weather in May can vary significantly from year to year.

How much does it rain in Valencia in May?

In Valencia, rain falls for four days in May, accumulating to 39mm (1.54 in) on a regular basis “). Valencia gets rain for 46 days out of the year and receives up to 475mm (18.7 in) of rainfall.

There is a 60% probability of a perfect sunny day and a 40% chance of seeing some clouds.

In Valencia, cloud cover remains essentially constant during the month of May, with the proportion of time the sky is overcast or mostly cloudy remaining about 40% throughout the month.

May 31 is the clearest day of the month, with 63 percent of the time being clear, mostly clear, or partly overcast.

What is the sea temperature in Valencia in May?

The average sea temperature in May is 18.8 degrees Celsius (65.8 degrees Fahrenheit).

A surface water temperature of 18.8°C (65.8°F) is unsuitable for swimming for the majority of people. It is not deemed safe since breathing control becomes increasingly harder when the water temperature drops below 21°C (69.8°F).

The beaches, on the other hand, can be very hot, so you can spend your days sunbathing there. You might even try to jump in if you get too hot. Valencia weather in May guarantees quite a few nice beach days.

How long is the day in Valencia in May?

Valencia weather in May is usually good for visits because the average length of the day is 14.4 hours.

The duration of the day is increasing in Valencia throughout the month of May. The length of the day grows by 53 minutes from the beginning to the end of the month, meaning an average daily increase of 1 minute, 46 seconds and a weekly increase of 12 minutes, 20 seconds.

May 1 has the shortest day of the month, with 13 hours and 52 minutes of daylight, while May 31 has the longest day, with 14 hours and 45 minutes of daylight.

Valencia’s latest sunrise of the month is at 7:02 a.m. on May 1, and the earliest sunrise is at 6:36 a.m. on May 31.

May 1st has the earliest sunset at 8:55 p.m., while May 31st sees the latest sunset at 9:21 p.m.

Valencia observes daylight saving time in 2022, however it does not begin or end during May, therefore the entire month is in daylight saving time.

How sunny is Valencia in May?

In Valencia, the average sunshine in May is 8.4h.

What is the UV index for Valencia in May?

In Valencia, Spain, the average daily maximum UV index is 8. For ordinary people, a UV Index score of 8 to 10 indicates a very high risk of health from hazardous UV radiation exposure.

Note: The average maximum UV index in May was 8, resulting in the following recommendations:

Take extra measures since exposed eyes and skin can quickly become burnt and injured. Between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m., the Sun’s UV radiation is at its strongest. Limit direct sun exposure as much as possible during these hours. A wide-brimmed hat protects the eyes, ears, face, and neck from the sun. Sunglasses that block UVA and UVB rays considerably prevent sun damage to the eyes. Clothing that is tightly woven and loose-fitting provides additional sun protection.

How humid is Valencia weather in May ?

Valencia is slightly humid in May, with an average relative humidity of 59 percent, which is considered comfortable. The most humid month is November, with a relative humidity of 66 percent, and the least humid month is June, with a relative humidity of 57 percent. 

How windy is Valencia in May?

In Valencia, the wind blows with an average speed of 11.0 miles per hour in May. (17.6 kph). February is the windiest month, with average wind speeds of 15.2 mph (24.5 kph), while August is the calmest, with average wind speeds of 9.6 mph (15.5 kph).

Valencia Weather in May is very pleasant, and enjoyable both in the city and on the beach.

© Valencia Weather In May  – Valencian.es
Get some more Weather Info like Valencia Weather In May

SHARING IS CARING
Become a Patron of Valencia News...and help us continue doing what we´re doing

If only we could figure out how to GROW the money to cover our expenses... But, we are not there yet. That is why we need Your help to keep Valencian going. For as little as €3, you can become our Patron and help us grow...